jueves, 18 de diciembre de 2008

26th of Nov, Happy 1st b'day!

Ok I know im almost a month late for this but well couldnt just let it pass....



Its come around, that time of year
that just a year since now
I thought would be so diffrently
than how it all turned out

I thought today, Id make you a cake
and light a candle on it
then both of you would blow it out
and lick the icing off it

I thought today we'd celebrate
with family and friends and nephews
I went to see you and found instead
that children slept around you

I thought Id give you gifts today
of books and toys brand new
instead I brought you flowers cause
they made me think of you

I thought Id tuck you in a crib
and wish you happy dreams
instead I lay you in a bed
of earth and sky and trees. Mawiee

3 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

mawiee, that's such a cute poem!! I admire you so much for holding on inspite it all.. I love you, and I'm praying for you, know that you can count on me for anything, take care
kisses. fran

Nyx Martinez dijo...

Did you write that?

...Beautiful.

Mawiee dijo...

yeah on their first bday