jueves, 14 de mayo de 2009

Misfortune

Circumstances brought you back again
Misfortune, oft before
I was made privy to the pain
you bring with you once more

Providence I pray may keep me
from the guest I dread foremost,
from the fear of loss so wretched
that comes to all who are your host

What will you take from me now?
I hardly dare to wonder

for precious things are best kept hid
from such your greedy hunger.

It isnt pearls I keep from you
nor diamonds at their best
Tis only a copper-headed treasure
that I hold close to my breast

It isnt jewelry wrought in gold
inlaid with choisest ruby
and yet its worth is yet untold
theres naught that mean more to me

Theres virtue in her rainbow eyes
life heaves warm within her chest
and from her sunshine smile exudes
a candid innocence.

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

that poem is really well written mawiee!! I loved it. the baby looks gorgeous!!! she is completely red headed!! so cuteee!!!
I love youu, se you on monday, jejeej!!

Unknown dijo...

red hair!!